Since we are still overflowing with zucchini at the farm, I’ve been making zucchini bread like a mad woman. Andrew loves it as a breakfast bread with butter and honey but I enjoy mine plain with a big cup of coffee. Whatever you fancy, this zucchini bread will fit the bill. After sharing a loaf or two with friends and family, the response was overwhelming and I’m here to share the much desired recipe. I discovered the original recipe on Real Life Dinner and adapted it to suit our taste buds and ingredients on hand (less sugar and flour with loads more zucchini). Hope you enjoy it as much as we do at Cypress Bayou Farm. Pin the recipe for your future reference!
Best Zucchini Bread EVER.
1 ½ cup organic sugar
1 cup canola or vegetable oil
3 tsp vanilla extract
3 – 4 cups grated zucchini
2 cups all-purpose flour (I have also used wheat flour)
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two 8×4 loaf pans (or slightly larger) with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using a mixer on low or whisking by hand, combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Slowly add flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the egg mixture. I still use the hand mixer on low for this step and take it slow until well blended.
- Fold zucchini into the batter until well combined.
- Bake at 350 for about 45-50 minutes, checking the center before removing.
*Because we have an insane amount of zucchini on hand, I’m making 6-8 loaves at a time and freezing for future use. It’s a perfect way to have tasty bread on hand for whatever the occasion, whether it’s breakfast or an afternoon coffee break.